How to request something for the release notes?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Jun 13 13:30:22 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 13:37:31 -0700,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 2014-06-12 at 14:46 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>>
>> I did a reboot and X stopped with the log file giving bogus size
>> info. I looked to see if xorg.conf was clobbered (by an update) and
>> it wasn't. I saw there was an xorg.conf.d directory and then tried
>> copying it there. I tried a startx and when that seemed to be starting
>> (slowly), I rebooted and X came up normally. I haven't repeated the
>> test since, and probably won't get a chance tonight.
>>
>> The X log files are still around, so if the X guys think its a bug, I
>> can get them some more info.
>
>The logs would be useful, yeah, I think.

It looks like whatever the problem was it wasn't the location of the
xorg.conf file. I retested things after removing the one I added and
got a good boot. So it isn't happening consistently and I'll need to
wait for it to happen again to collect information I need to file a bug.
(The Xorg log files didn't have what I wanted in them.)