DNF utils package?

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 10:39:12 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Tim Lauridsen <tim.lauridsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> dnf builddep currently only work with an local .src.rpm or .spec file, that
> is the most common usecase.
>
> You can create an RFE in bugzilla against dnf-plugins-core and describe you
> usecase.
>
> normally, you need to have a locale .spec or .src.rpm to build a package
> locally, so this is properly why dnf builddep has the same requirment

Well you assume that buildep is only used to build packages. But if
you want to build the upstream source of a package for any reason
having a command that installs required packages is handy.

For instance if I want to build "foo" to write / test a patch I do
"yum-builddep foo" "jhbuild buildone foo" ... I have the code, can
hack on it, can build it without messing with deps and do not have to
build a package (development does not always mean "packing").