no mouse cursor in gdm on rawhide

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 17 00:37:39 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-16 17:20 (GMT-0700) Adam Williamson composed:

> On Mon, 2014-06-16 at 19:50 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

>> > It's in the journal, try 'sudo journalctl -b | grep Xorg' or similar.
>>
>> That's going to be real fun to explain to people in help forums in telling
>> them to post the /var/log/Xorg.0.log that's been there ever since Xorg
>> usurped XFree86.

> I was around when Xorg usurped XFree86...the world didn't really end.
> Stuff changes.

Nothing to do with my point that explaining how to share X's log will be more
complicated and/or confusing, leading to longer threads in the forums, more
time until help can succeed. This will be a mini version of the changing of a
billion scripts and docs from using Yum to using DNF.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/