Draft terminal application test case

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Mar 15 01:50:16 UTC 2014

> Proposing a new draft release validation test case:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA_Testcase_desktop_terminal
>
> this is a fairly simple test case that just checks that a terminal
> application works in a desktop environment. It would be added to the
> desktop matrix along with the browser test case, to cover the lack of a
> test case to enforce the terminal part of the Alpha criterion "It must
> be possible to run the default web browser and a terminal application
> from all release-blocking desktop environments."
>
> Comments, improvements, suggestions etc welcome as always! As this is
> pretty straightforward I'm planning to put it into production pretty
> soon if there's no negative feedback.

I've gone ahead and put this into production at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_desktop_terminal . Johann
never did make a proposal to drop the criterion, and the test case is
useful regardless of whether it's release blocking or not. No-one seemed
to object to the substance of the test case.