any advice to fix firefox being excruciatingly slooooooooow?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Mar 29 12:36:30 UTC 2014

On 03/29/14 16:33, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   since upgrading to rawhide, numerous operations in firefox are just
> glacially slow -- playing videos results in jerky motion, scrolling
> has a significant time lag, even typing in a search term in youtube
> might take several *seconds* before the first letters i typed even
> display.
>
>   i've gone into "about:config" and turned off several features but
> that hasn't helped noticeably. anyone else running across this? any
> simple advice?

FWIW, I've a fully updated rawhide system running only KDE with firefox installed.  I had no trouble to search for videos on youtube and all played well using html5.  I don't have flash installed.  This is all running in VM with 1.2 GB of memory assigned.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts