Draft 'test outline' for Workstation product

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri May 2 16:29:29 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-05-02 at 10:39 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 05/01/2014 12:36 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here's the draft for the Workstation product[1]. It's completely based
> > on Adam's draft for the Server product. A lot more work needs to be
> > done. I haven't discussed this with the workstation SIG yet.
> >
> > [1]
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha/Workstation_test_outline
>
> In short we as in the QA community take care of the baseWG product for
> the most part so you will need to define all Gnome test cases as well as
> anything else added none Gnome specific but product related and come up
> with a release criteria including and surrounding that.

That's broadly the work that needs to be done for each product, yes. (We
already have several desktop test cases and release criteria, though).

I do wish you'd stop saying "we as in the QA community take care of the
baseWG product for the most part" as if it were an immutable law of
nature, when it actually seems to be mostly your opinion...in current
practice a lot of our release validation testing is around the bits that
fall under base WG in Fedora.next, yes, but that's not something we've
all sat down and agreed is The Way That Things Must Be, and it ignores
stuff like Test Days and updates-testing feedback, which doesn't only
cover base stuff.