Leaving the project

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue May 20 15:22:32 UTC 2014

On 05/20/2014 02:04 PM, Mike Ruckman wrote:
> I'm sorry to hear it, I was looking forward to getting a beer with you
> at some conference in the future. Good luck in whatever you go into
> next!

Highly unlikely that would have ever happened since I had planned on
never attesting a Fedora event again after flock due to amongst other
things the fact what took place there and after I got accused after
years of advocating spending more of the project money funding recording
equipment on various place rather then flying people over there as
opposed to be sponsored due to the fact other community members might be
in the same scenario as I am ( stuck on a rock in the middle of the
north Atlantic ocean ), being some kind of leech of Red Hat funding by
your own coworker [¹].

I have received twice funding from the project during my 8+ years
involvement once to attend a systemd hackfest in BRNO (the next one I
attended I paid for myself ) and once to attend flock where I was
hosting a systemd migration session that is it anyway just continue with
the solution we had landed upon regarding triage revival effort. I think
it was rather sound and future proof approach.

JBG

1. https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-January/194955.html