rawhide20140523 boot.iso fails, kernel versions

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri May 23 17:50:11 UTC 2014

Weirdly the boot.iso fails to start X, but the kde live which is based on the same boot.iso works.

ERR  program: Error running metacity: SIGCHLD caught when trying to start the X server.

And fpaste X.log gets me:
Error Uploading: [Errno -2] Name or service not known

On another note, is there a way to get at least one full set (one boot.iso, one live image, and one DVD image - if we're still going to have them) using a non-debug kernel each week? Yesterday's rc6 kernel is a non-debug kernel, but the workstation image failed to build today so I'm pretty sure that means the next attempt will use the then current kernel which will end up being a debug kernel. They are so dreadfully slow… I just won't use them. I'm sure many people who might be inclined to do more Rawhide testing don't want to use debug kernels either because of how astronomically slow it makes everything.

Chris Murphy