installation issue

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri May 30 21:11:05 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-05-30 at 22:20 +0530, shailendra acharya wrote:
> i already off  uefi mode. but i m surprised why does it not work whereas it
> was working fine with fedora19. i used same method of installation.

It's kind of hard to tell. F19 and F20 don't do things particularly
differently, and if anything F20 should be more robust than F19. My best
guess is there's some kind of idiosyncracy to your firmware's behaviour
- somehow it doesn't wind up booting the "Fedora" entry from the boot
menu first. It's hard to tell without direct physical access to the
system or a really precise and detailed description of exactly what you
see in the firmware interface and 'efibootmgr -v' output both before
*and* after the installation, unfortunately.

It's possible that the firmware gets a bit confused by Fedora's approach
to the efi boot manager entry - all Fedora releases just write an entry
called "Fedora", and if there's an existing "Fedora" entry, they wipe it
first. It's *possible* your hardware doesn't handle this removal and
recreation of an entry with the same name properly. But like I said, all
we can really do without really detailed info is guess :/