Fedora 21 installation: a suggestion

Gene Czarcinski gczarcinski at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 17:32:38 UTC 2014

Fedora 21 has introduced a new/different approach to packaging of the
distribution software: "productized" collections of packages which are
installed via a Live Install.  At first I was not sure I liked the
approach but have come around to liking it a lot.

And then there is Fedora-Server-netinst.  This netinstall is the only
vehicle which gives the user complete control over package selection
(especially when using kickstart).  But, it is labeled "Fedora Server"??

Suggestion:  As far as I can tell, it would not cost that much to do a
"special" build and only harvest boot.iso to create
Fedora-Netinst-<whatever>.iso

Just a suggestion.

Gene