Shouldn't this work?

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 4 19:10:04 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-11-04 at 14:02 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I just tried the f21 beta workstation live iso, and the poor old nouveau
> driver apparently can't run this card:
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM107 [GeForce GTX 750 Ti] (rev a2)
>
> I thought I read that support for Maxwell (I think its maxwell :-) was in the latest
> nouveau and mesa. Is the "latest" not in f21? Is it a bug that it doesn't work?
> (I just get a black screen on my UHD monitor with display port cable).

mesa isn't going to affect basic console output. The key thing there is
mostly the code that's in the kernel, certainly not mesa and probably
not the DDX. F21 has kernel 3.17.

You could try a Rawhide nightly live (yes, these are being built still,
you can find 'em in Koji) and see if it works there, as that has kernel
3.18. Or just file a bug upstream with the usual information, if you can
manage to get the logs out 'flying blind' (or by enabling ssh or
something).