Note on 'systemd-216-9'

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 4 21:43:25 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-11-04 at 22:41 +0100, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 12:49:27PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> > > Well, then ping me on IRC to update the description (or even mail it
> > > to test@ or whatever) and with luck 30 minutes later we would have a
> > > much better picture than by looking at a squashed diff.
> >
> > Well, that's more or less what my initial mail was meant to be. I didn't
> > post the diff initially, only in response to a follow-up mail asking
> > what the difference between the builds was.
>
> The first mail I saw was this:
>
> """I wanted to flag up that, in fact, systemd-216-9 is a major change
> from systemd-216-8 and is not really systemd 216 at all.
> worked out at >7,000 lines worth of additions and removals between the
> underlying code of 'systemd-216-8' and 'systemd-216-9'.
> """

Oh, sorry. I thought I'd cut that bit before sending the mail. It went
through a few revisions. Sorry :/ I was context-switching between a few
different things. I wrote the mail a few different ways and to a few
different recipients but in the end I only wanted to send out a more or
less factual 'hey, heads up this update needs full testing' mail.