Announcing the release of Fedora 21 Beta!

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 7 23:42:37 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-11-05 at 07:26 -0500, Joerg Lechner wrote:
> Hi,
> what is confusing is that F21-Final-TC1 has 1.4GB and
> the download link for prerelease says:
>
> "Download now!
>
> 1.4GB, ISO format image for 64bit-compatible PC"
>
> Therefore I don't know, the "1.3GB build beta RC4" or the "1.4GB build beta final TC1" is the prerelease build.
> Anyway for me no problem I use always the newest build to look at.
> Kind Regards

get-prerelease points to the latest official public pre-release. That
is, with our current dev process, it will only ever point to the Alpha
or Beta release.

TCs and RCs are not public pre-releases, they are test builds *of*
public pre-releases (and the public final release). They are not
formally 'released to the public', they're considered to be 'released'
to the QA team (that's us), and their purpose is for us to use to do
validation testing in order to ensure the image that is finally released
meets the criteria.

so, it is correct both that Final TC1 exists, and that get-prerelease
does not point to it. :)