Read-Only filesystem error

Christopher Meng cickumqt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 13:26:48 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a portable Fedora installation configured on my SSD, I have 3
kernels installed:

$ rpm -qa |grep kernel\-[3\.]
kernel-3.18.0-0.rc4.git1.2.fc22.1.x86_64
kernel-3.18.0-0.rc5.git0.2.fc22.x86_64
kernel-3.17.0-0.rc5.git0.1.fc22.x86_64

I now can only use the 3.17 kernel to boot the system, because if I
use the other two kernels, the / will be read-only and X can't start
as "Failed to move /var/log/Xorg.1.log to XXX", it's really
coincident that I thought it was a X issue and then I found the system
is not usable with specific kernels.

This makes me wonder about the systemd behavior. Maybe it's caused by
a uncompleted unmount from the early stage of boot process? But it's
only a gut feeling. Any hints for it?

Thanks.

PS:

1. fstab:

UUID=X /           ext4    defaults,noatime,journal_async_commit     1 1
UUID=Y /boot    ext4    defaults,journal_async_commit                  1 2
UUID=Z /home   ext4    defaults,noatime,journal_async_commit     1 2

2. systemd-217-4.fc22

Yours sincerely,
Christopher Meng

http://cicku.me