Validation results categories: just have Alpha, Beta and Final?

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 1 00:29:07 UTC 2014

Hi, folks. So as I've been playing with relval, I've been wondering why
we have 'TC' and 'RC' results page categories. That is, we have a
top-level 'Test Results' category, then we have a category for each
release which is a member of that category (e.g.
Category:Fedora_20_Test_Results ) , and then under that we have:

Fedora 20 Alpha RC Test Results
Fedora 20 Alpha TC Test Results
Fedora 20 Beta RC Test Results
Fedora 20 Beta TC Test Results
Fedora 20 Final RC Test Results
Fedora 20 Final TC Test Results

I'm not sure there's any real reason to split them between TC and RC
like that. I'd think it'd be more likely someone would want to see all
the Alpha validation pages, not *just* the TC or RC pages.

What do people think? Should we just have:

Fedora 20 Alpha Test Results
Fedora 20 Beta Test Results
Fedora 20 Final Test Results

? It wouldn't be too difficult to convert existing results to this
layout, I don't think. Thanks!