Release validation results summary pages

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 4 20:21:38 UTC 2014

Hey folks!

Mike had the nice idea of having a validation 'results summary' page
which shows all the results from the various pages (Installation, Base,
Desktop etc) together. So I spent some time making it happen with some
more wiki magic. There is a page for TC1 here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_21_Beta_TC1_Summary

However, I've spent some time revising the result table templates since
the TC1 pages were generated. Here's a sneak peek at how it'll look for
TC2:

https://stg.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_21_Beta_TC1_Summary

If you know what you're doing and don't need the instructions, you can
actually do all your result entry from the summary page. It works by
'transcluding' the real results pages, and when you click one of the
'edit' links for a result table in the summary page, you'll actually be
editing the underlying results page, not the summary page - so
everything will stay in sync.

There's more wiki Template Magic going on in the background here, which
I'll document in the template docs.

relval knows how to generate the summary pages now (since a git commit
15 minutes ago) - any future event handled with a sufficiently-new
relval will get a summary page. There isn't a wiki template for creating
summary pages because it'd involve hardcoding the 'test type' list,
which seemed ugly. If you want to create one by hand instead of using
relval, you can just copy and paste from an existing one and adjust the
versions as necessary, it's a pretty short and simple page in itself.

I guess we should also have a Test_Results:Current_Summary redirect like
we do for the individual result pages - I'll set one up now, and teach
relval to update it for future events.

Thanks folks!