Emacs (was: Some F21 Alpha impressions)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 4 21:16:03 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 04, 2014 at 05:08:17PM -0400, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> - Set back to 2.  Everything gets HUGE.  I am no longer able to reach
>   the bottom of the tweak tool window.  I'm sure there's a standard way
>   of moving it up, but it's not in my brain...I'm used to setting
>   alt-mouse-1 to do that, but that's one of the things you can't do
>   anymore.  So I end up switching to a VC and rebooting.

It defaults to super-mouse-1. You can (and I do!) change it in Tweak Tool
under Windows - find "Window Action Key".

FWIW I think the rationale is that there was a problem with some
applications actually wanting alt-click to mean something. (Dimly remember
someone saying.)

>   gray except for a box in the upper left, half the screen's width and
>   maybe 2/3 of its height.  That shows my background and the top
>   panel as far as it can be seen.  Something is clearly hosed in my
>   configuration, but I don't know what it is.  Is there a dconf
>   incantation to set the scaling factor outside of the tweak tool?

That makes me think of an RFE for the tweak tool -- it should have some way
to reveal the conf option associated with each item.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>