nautilus and hidden files in F21

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Wed Oct 8 17:00:53 UTC 2014

On 10/08/2014 05:41 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 16:55 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
>> Hi F21 testers,
>
> Hi Joachim,
>

>> I'm running F21 (gnome3 desktop together with nautilus). My problem:
>> since some days, nautilus always shows directory contents including
>> hidden files. By unsetting the option "Show hidden files", hidden
>> files
>> are not displayed (so far so good), but after logging out/in, "Show
>> hidden files" is on again.
>>
>> I tried already "gsettings set org.gnome.nautilus.preferences
>> show-hidden-files false" as in earlier fedoras, but this has no effect
>> (hidden files are still shown).
>>
>> Hot to get rid from this?
>>
>> Current nautilus: nautilus-3.14.0-2.fc21.x86_64
>>
>> All comments are welcome.
>
> Hrm. I'm not seeing this here on my system:
>
> nautilus-3.14.0-2.fc21.x86_64
>
> Can you maybe test with a new user and see if the issue persists?

Hi Ankur,

a freshly created user does not show this behaviour: "Show hidden files"
is reset on logout.

Additionally for my account:

cat  ~/.config/autostart/nautilus-autostart.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Hidden=false

So, how can I have the same behaviour? Where can I tune?

Kind regards

Joachim Backes

-

Fedora release 21 (Twenty One)