Transaction history when updated using gnome-software

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 12:21:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-10-10 at 11:50 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 10 October 2014 11:24, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Try 'pkcon get-transactions'.
> > Hrm - that works, obviously.
>
> Or if you install gnome-packagekit, gpk-log
>
> > Follow up question - what config file would g-s follow? Does it use
> > yum.conf? I had the install only limit set to 5 in dnf.conf, not in
> > yum.conf, and g-s removed 3 of my older kernels.
>
> No, it doesn't use yum at all.

I thought so. Is there a place one could add things like installonly
then? If not, what does it do by default? I mean, how did it decide that
I had five kernels and installing a new one, making it six, implied
removing three older ones:
 - cleanup kernel-core-3.17.0-0.rc7.git2.1.fc22.x86_64
 - cleanup kernel-core-3.17.0-0.rc7.git0.2.fc22.x86_64
 - cleanup kernel-core-3.17.0-0.rc7.git0.1.fc22.x86_64

> > I just thought *forbidding* updates-testing from g-s would be an
> added
> > layer of security - even if an unassuming user wants to enable it,
> he
> > should either be told - "Nope matey! If you wanna test stuff, use
> > yum/dnf!" or at least a warning that says "Woah! Are you sure? This
> > stuff isn't tested - it might break and you'll need to be able to
> debug
> > it!". You know, something on these lines?
>
> We used to do a warning like this for rawhide, but it would add new
> strings and also needs some design advice from #gnome-design.

Should I file a bug upstream, Richard?
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,