rdd package

Bruno Medeiros brunojcm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 19:03:44 UTC 2014

Hi!

I had a failing HD a couple weeks ago and needed something to copy a image
file inside this HD as far as I could. I was getting I/O errors during the
rsync of the image, so rdd seemed the best tool to do this, but
unfortunately it's is not available in Fedora.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rdd/

Ubuntu has rdd version 2.0.7 available, and after suffering a little, I
could build this same version on an old Fedora 12 machine and use the
binaries on the failing host, which was a Fedora 19.
rdd 3.x build "perfectly" on Fedora 19, but shows the help message for any
list of parameters.

Does anyone have a history on this? Has Fedora had this package in the
past? Is it possible to maintain this package in Fedora?

Thanks in advance,

--
BrunoJCM