Windows 8.1 and F21, BIOS in UEFI Mode

Samuel Sieb samuel at sieb.net
Sat Oct 18 23:16:51 UTC 2014

On 10/18/2014 02:29 PM, Joerg Lechner wrote:
> Computer is started in UEFI mode. After running through the UEFI bios,
> I get a boot menue (I think it is the Grub2 boot menue ?).
> But there is no difference choosing in this boot menue:
>       Fedora, with Linux 3.17.0-301.fc21.x86_64
>       or Fedora, Linux 0 rescue ........

This is not the right menu.  This is the grub menu from the hard drive.
  You need to find the right key to press during system init that will
get you the EFI boot menu.  Maybe check the BIOS setup to make sure that
the key to bring up that menu is enabled.

> The system answer is always the same:
> "Boot loader has not verified loaded image.
>   System compromised. Haltet."
> Is it possible, that the external pata disk, where the F21
> system is on, is the reason? Currently I don't have an
> external sata disk to try.
> Kind Regards

Shouldn't matter because the system only see the USB storage interface.