Problems installing the 304.123 nvidia drivers in fc.21

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.com
Mon Oct 20 01:45:31 UTC 2014

On 10/19/2014 04:28 PM, Lawrence E Graves wrote:
> I have tried in every way to install the lagacy nvidia drivers 304.123
> for the last week. Is there something I am missing in this endeavour.
> Please advise.
> I have searched the web looking for some one who is having the same
> problem. I got a good install with the latest Beta TC4 but just can't
> install the nvidia driver.

Things have become a bit more complex lately with all the issues of Grub2
defaulting to the wrong menu entry, etc..

What worked this time  (3.17.1-302.fc21) was to install
xorg-x11-drv-nvidia from rpmfusion,
then change "rhgb quiet" to  "nomodeset".   This may have to be repeated
if the kernel is updated.    You may have to play with "grub2-set-default".

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com