Big problems with the lpr or lp command in F21 since some days: only empty sheets are printed: More details

Kevin Martin ktmdms at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 12:20:15 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
To: Fedora-test <test at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Sent: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: Big problems with the lpr or lp command in F21 since some days: only empty sheets are printed: More details

On 10/29/2014 12:22 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Dear F21 testers,
>
> having big problems with printing using the lp or lpd command since 2 or
> 3 days: Only empty pages are printed. This happens for my real samsung
> printer or with a cups-PDF printer.
>
> On the other hand, printing to these printers from applications such as
> firefox, thunderbird,... (using the print menu) is OK.
>
> My F21 is fully updated. I downgraded already cups-client (current is
> cups-client-1.7.5-13.fc21.x86_64), but this did not help.
>
> Anybody has these problems too?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Joachim Backes

Some more details: If printing to the printers: PS or PDF files are
printed too by lp / lpr, but if I try to print simple text files, only
empty pages are printed.

Joachim Backes

--

Fedora release 21 (Twenty One)
Kernel-3.17.1-304.fc21.x86_64

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes
To unsubscribe:

I don't even get a blank page.  I see the printer doing something but nothing comes out.  And like you printing from an application works fine.  Cups debugging shows nothing.

Kevin