apper in Alpha TC5 F21

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Thu Sep 4 13:25:54 UTC 2014

On Thursday 04 September 2014 17:43:16 Ed Greshko wrote:
> Installed KDE to disk from the Live CD.
>
> Using apper to check for updates results in a pop up of....
>
> "A problem that we were not expecting has occurred....."
> "The name org.freedesktop.PackageKit was not provided by any .service file"
>
> Installing "PackageKit" fixes the problem.
>
> Don't see a bugzilla for it, but maybe it is already known?

This is a me too post. :-)

In one machine that I have updated using dnf I get the same (pesky) warning. Pesky because to get to the pop up you need to go to an empty desktop to be able to close it as it seems to be present in all (virtual) desktop but behind all the open windows.

Note that it happens even without me checking apper, although possibly the check for updates is the culprit.

Although I am not able to verify now I suspect that at some point in time I have removed PackageKit from the system.

Regards,
--
José Abílio