Fedora 21 at omen.com

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.com
Thu Sep 4 18:05:49 UTC 2014

Yesterday I installed Fedora 21 net install using the boot.iso.

Installation of the Xfce desktop proceeded smoothly.

Two problems, previously reported, persist.

After installing and running system-config-printer lp and lpr
produce blank pages as previously reported.
Workaround: enscript

Tigervnc server sessions of the Xfce desktop stop within a
second or so.  I compiled tigervnc from source and tested
that on another machine with the same problem.
Workaround: force install tigervnc from Fedora 20.
This causes yum to croak if tigervnc is mentioned.

Otherwise Fedora 21 seems to be running normally on omen.com.
The new gnome-terminal is much appreciated.

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com