Fedora-21-Standard-x86_64[i386]-DVD.iso

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 9 23:21:31 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-09-10 at 01:12 +0200, poma wrote:
> On 13.12.2013 12:37, Rejy M Cyriac wrote:
> > I differ with you on this point. There are still so many places in the
> > world with limited/expensive/slow, or even no network connectivity at
> > all. In fact, it is only in the developed countries that broadband is
> > prevalent like water, and in the rest of the world, just like water, it
> > is a limited resource.
> >
> > On a related note, folks in the developed world might be surprised to
> > know that 32-bit processors are still very much in use.
> >
> > I work with the Free Media project of Fedora, and I know of so many
> > instances where providing the Fedora DVD (32 and 64 bit) has empowered
> > the lives of people and small organisations.
>
> http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/20/Fedora/x86_64[i386]/iso/
> Fedora-20-x86_64[i386]-DVD.iso
>
> Fedora-21-Standard-x86_64[i386]-DVD.iso
> Whence disappeared in Fedora.next!?

F21 will not have any generic DVD image. It will have a DVD-type (I'm
trying to call them 'offline' now) image for Server which contains only
the Server package groups. The question of having or not having the DVD
was kicked back and forth quite a bit, I'm not sure why you decided to
just quote one random mail from one thread about it from ten months ago.
QA can't really change that decision, it's a FESCo choice in the end.