Proposing new dual booting release criteria

Gene Czarcinski gczarcinski at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 19:14:07 UTC 2014

On 09/13/2014 01:03 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-09-12 at 18:18 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
>
>> And then also propose that bug for Fedora 21 beta freeze exception.
>> It's virtually certain it'd pass. I mean, it probably could be
>> incorporated without a freeze exception if it goes in before beta
>> freeze (?) but then at least it's on a list and has some extra
>> attention.
> Please don't use the blocker and freeze exception lists for this
> purpose: it's what killed the old blocker process. They are not
> 'attention lists', they have a specific purpose.
>
> Can't you do the patch? Python isn't really that hard, you can usually
> find something close enough to what you want somewhere else in the same
> file and just hack it up a bit until it works. That's how I 'write code'
> anyway. :P
>
> I'll put this on my 'list of little things to do if I ever get time',
> but...it's kind of a long list :(
Patches for both anaconda-20.25.16-1 (F20) and anaconda-21.48-3 (F21) in
under development now.  I basically got it working for regular,
kickstart and live installs and just doing some testing.  I am having
some difficulty doing an F21 netinstall and I cannot find a TC7
distribution DVD.  This should not a a blocker and it is small/simple
enough that if the functionality is OK with anaconda developers I would
expect it to be in the beta.

When ready ("real soon now") I will post to anaconda-patches and put
some updates.img files out on my website.

Gene