Installing btrfs file system on Fedora 21 Workstation

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Sep 25 23:10:16 UTC 2014

> On 09/24/14 21:26, Lawrence E Graves wrote:
> > I am struggling with how to select the btrfs file system in Fedora 21. Is this a bug that has not been solved or is it my lack of knowledge in the installation of the new Fedora 21. Please advise or correct as needed.

It's only possible from custom partitioning. Once in the custom/manual partitioning window, find the pop-up with LVM in it. Click that and you'll see other options including Btrfs. You can also click the + button to add individual mount points, and make them Device Type Btrfs. Each mount point will be created as a Btrfs subvolume on the same Btrfs volume. Right now it's still the case that /boot can't be on Btrfs.

Chris Murphy