Setting the keyboard layout rather late during F22-Beta installation

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Wed Apr 8 11:44:22 UTC 2015

On 04/08/2015 01:11 PM, Giulio 'juliuxpigface' wrote:
>> Hi all testers,
>>
>> Running actually a test install of F22 beta
>> (Fedora-Workstation-netinst-x86_64-22_Beta.iso). I forgot to define my
>> keyboard layout, so I tried to modify it during the install process
>> actually running. Therefore I clicked on the keybord button
>> (US/top/right of the graphical installer window), but nothing happens.
>> So my question: Is this a bug, or have I to wait until the system is
>> completely installed, and then to catch up this point?
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Joachim Backes
>>
>> --
>>
>> Fedora release 22 (Twenty Two)
>> Kernel-4.0.0-0.rc6.git2.1.fc22.x86_64
>>

>> Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
>> https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes
>
> Hi Joachim.
>
> I'm pretty sure that the label you clicked is isn't editable at all

Hi Giulio,

if I move the mouse pointer over this label, it changes the shape from
arrow to a hand symbol, and I can click there (similar to changing root
pwd or adding a normal user, which is possible too _during_ installation).

So I'm rather sure it's not only there for demonstrating purposes.

> I'd
> bet it's there just to remember what layout you chose, in order to make
> you more conscious while entering passwords.

But how then enter passwords correctly without a right keyboard layout
(on German keyboards, the letters y and z are exchanged, and some
special chars are located at other places), so if I forgot adding
passwords in a timely manner, it could be difficult to enter the
passwords correctly.

Kind regards

Joachim Backes