vlc and f22

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 10:19:42 UTC 2015

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 11:56:19 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:

> Hi F22 testers,
>
> anybody knows a trick to get vlc running in F22? I tried to install the
> F21 version, but this failed:
>
> dnf install vlc vlc-core
> Error: package vlc-core-2.2.1-2.fc21.x86_64 requires
> libfreerdp-cache.so.1.2()(64bit), but none of the providers can be
> installed.

Since it's not a package in Fedora's repos, it would be an awesome
trick, if RPM Fusion leadership made a "state of the union" address.
The question what's up with RPM Fusion for F22 has come up in various
places. It seems that while waiting for new infrastructure pieces (koji,
bodhi, pkgdb and more), the old build infrastructure has not been
reconfigured to make it possible to build for F22.