Can't display text messaging -

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Apr 27 12:21:51 UTC 2015

On 04/27/15 19:46, bobgoodwin at wildblue.net wrote:

> On 04/27/15 06:44, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> Are all the messages in a single folder?   If so, have you tried:
>>
>> 1.  Right Click on the Folder
>> 2.  Select  Properties.
>> 3.  Click on "Repair Folder".
>>
>> --
> .
>
> Yes, all are in a directory "Text Messages" under "Inbox."
>
> Never tried that until now, but it did not fix my problem ...
>
> Notice the third line below:
>
> MIME-Version:1.0
>
> --__CONTENT_64564_PART_BOUNDARY__33243242__
>
> I'll pan cook pasta and make my sauce upon arrival.
> --__CONTENT_64564_PART_BOUNDARY__33243242__--
>
> And here is the same from what I get from the forwarded copy of the same message:
>
> mime-version: 1.0
> To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
> in-reply-to: <212296674131752872 at -212296674131752873>

Actually, I doubt it will make any difference for 2 reason.

1.  It displays fine for me and that is pretty much the same MIME definitions I have.

2.  And more importantly, the second line defines the entire message as multipart/mixed, which if I recall my MIME standards correctly (don't have time to check it now) the type is irrelevant since it is actually defined individually for each part.

FWIW a quick check of other multipart messages in my inbox show no type defined in that segment of MIME headers.

So, the part of the message which contains the text is defined as you'd expect "text/plain;"

I also don't find doing forwards of much use in diagnosing a problem since you have to know how the UA is going to mangle the message.  There used to be a "bounce" plugin for T-Bird which re-transmitted the message without alteration.