Belated notifications?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 21:40:50 UTC 2015

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 09:06:35 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Software and dnf use separate metadata caches and refresh schedules,
> so this kind of mismatch is not unusual (though it does seem to always
> surprise people).

How would that explain it? I did enter a notification about updates
being available, didn't it? Even if the metadata were old, they would
need to contain upgrades compared with the local RPM database, or else
an update-check would fail and there would _not_ be a notification about
updates.

Last DNF based update has been _four_ (!) days ago, so why did I
receive a notification about software updates being available when
gnome-software thinks everything is up-to-date?