Can't display text messaging -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Apr 30 16:10:11 UTC 2015

On 04/27/2015 10:44 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 04/27/15 19:46,bobgoodwin at wildblue.net  wrote:
>> >XFCE Mime editor only shows:
>> >  application/smil+xml    default    video
> So as to leave no stone un-turned, I installed XFCE from the most current Beta and did an update.  I then installed T-Bird.  I again had no trouble to display the sample messages you posted to the list.

I installed a new hard drive in addition to the others and installed a
new copy of F22b from the same USB flash drive. I rsync'd .thunderbird
from a copy on the NSF server as I usually do and the iPhone text
messages are displayed without any problem. I don't know what is causing
the problem with the F-22 on the other drive. However I the other drive
will be cleared and used for something else. Hopefully the problem was
"cured with a re-install!"

What can I say, sorry for the noise?

Bob

--