F23 Alpha, LiveCD, installation to ext harddisk

Joerg Lechner julechner at aol.com
Wed Aug 12 13:55:02 UTC 2015

Sorry, I missed concatening this mail to the original desription, here a copy of my first mail:

Hi,
I copied the iso F23 Alpha Release Desktop 64bit to a 2GiB Usb Flash media.
Tried to install on the LiveCD (usb flash) Gparted via the Gnome SW Facility,
presented in the liveCD menue. The answer was "Sorry this did not work etc".
This installation of Gparted on LiveCDs with the Gnome SW utility worked on F22,
F21. But a " dnf install gparted" on the F23 LiveCD was successful, at the end
Gparted was ok.
The installation of F23 on an ext. harddisk was nearly ok. After
having activated WIFI successfully to complete the installation, in the right
upper corner of the F23 screen, I didn't see a "continue button" (German
version: Weiter) but still the button "ueberspringen"  instead of "continue",
which I would have expected after a successful WIFI activation. The installation
itself was successful.
Kind Regards

My problem is I tried to install Gparted on to the LiveCD (on an USB Flash Media) running on my Laptop, to partition
an external disk , via the Gnome SW Tool on the LiveCD, this did not work ( filed Bug 1252837), this procedure was ok in F21 and F22.
With "dnf install Gparted" run from the LiveCD menue I could install Gparted on the LiveCD, naturally not permanent, but for this run.
Sorry, sometimes for me it's not so easy, to be understood as want to express.
Kind Regards