no /dev/root when doing remote install using the netinstall iso...

dwoody5654 dwoody5654 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 02:55:07 UTC 2015

On 08/13/2015 10:02 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
>> Is there any additional tests I can run or information I can provide to
>> help isolate the problem?
>>
>> David
> I don't have any experience with loading anaconda from grub. But there's this:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Dracut_problems
This seems to be for installed system that does not boot.

> As the first step, I'd suggest trying inst.repo=hd: (or probably inst.stage2=hd: in your case) with an install tree (Server/x86_64/os/) rather than an .iso file:
I tries both inst.hd: and inst.stage2=hd: syntax with no luck.
> https://github.com/rhinstaller/anaconda/blob/master/docs/boot-options.rst#installation-source
The error that comes up is that /dev/root can not be found. So I get a
better understanding of the problem, exactly what is /dev/root supposed
to be? The target drive to install to, the drive that is doing the
installing or something else?

Thanks,

David