F23 Beta TC1 Workstation LiveCD WIFI

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 27 20:29:17 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-08-27 at 15:58 -0400, Joerg Lechner wrote:
> Hi,
> is it a requirement to be able to use WIFI running only the LiveCD
> (only started and not installed)? I think I tried to connect
> successfully, but I have no access to the web only WIFI connected.
> Is this my fault, or a bug? In the network display, after -in my
> opinion successful connection- there is behind the name of my WIFI a
> circle and inside this circle there is a star.

That doesn't look like it's actually connected...the 'star in circle'
is a settings button for that AP (it opens a screen where you can do
stuff like 'forget' it). There should be another indicator for
'currently connected to this AP', which doesn't look like it's showing.

What did you do to try and connect to it exactly?