Heads up - Anaconda 22.17 will enforce 'good' passwords

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 09:19:29 UTC 2015

> On 02/05/2015 12:36 PM, Brian C. Lane wrote:
> > Next to impossible? Really? I've find it easy to come up with passwords
> > that work. We even report libpwquality's reason for any failures.

I tried it today with the images built for anaconda dnf test day [1]. The results are very much different, see below:

> 'my name is' (good) (10 chars)

weak

> 'bacon4eva!' (strong) (10 chars)

fair

> 'hamncheese.' (strong) (10 chars)

fair

> 'GoPatriots!' (strong) (11 chars)

good

> 'hey, you!' (good) (8 chars)

weak

> '8crayons.' (good) (9 chars)

fair

> 'latte2015' (good) (9 chars)

weak

So, 3 of your 7 proposed passwords are not allowed in Anaconda.

All of these are also weak (8 characters randomly typed on the keyboard, containing an uppercase letter, a number and a special character):

mT5&sofj
lk6m*Afh
4muDb^pd
s at tYu9vb
... and I assume *everything else* based on this formula, according to my testing.

I wonder why is my experience so vastly different from yours?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2015-02-12_Anaconda_DNF