DNF Migration testing overview

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Feb 26 01:15:29 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> I don't know where the original message came from.  Don't see it in my
> folder for this list....

5 days ago...

> Isn't this the majority of yum users?
>
> Yes, I use yumex when I am looking for some package that meets a particular
> need.  But mostly I know from some source what to install, and do via the
> cli.  As do so many other Fedora users.

Not exactly announced is this change isn't going to happen for Fedora
22, at least that's my interpretation from today's FESCo meeting:

18:30:30 <paragan> jsilhan is confirming there is no plan to add
dnf-yum package default in f22

Since dnf-yum creates symlink redirecting yum to dnf, and also
conflicts with yum package requiring its removal, it looks like dnf
and yum will coexist on Fedora 22 and the dnf-yum package change goes
into Fedora 23.

--
Chris Murphy