[Test-Announce] 2015-01-05 @16:00 UTC - Fedora QA Meeting

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 5 16:48:24 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-01-05 at 19:06 +0530, Sudhir Dharanendraiah wrote:
> On 01/05/2015 07:24 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >
> > roshi and I had a quick chat about the idea of starting up blocker
> > bug review for the F22 cycle this week, in the interests of
> > reducing the number of long meetings later in the cycle by
> > starting earlier - so let's see what folks think of that. I don't
> > have any other specific topics for the agenda - please reply to
> > this mail if you do! Thanks.
>
> That is a great idea. Probably start with the list of bugs that were
> proposed blockers for Fedora 21 but got kicked from the blocker
> category, would be a good list to start with?

In *theory*, if a bug's rejected as a blocker for one release it won't
be a blocker for the next release either - remember Fedora doesn't use
the RHEL system where bugs can be dropped as blockers for time
reasons, in the Fedora system blockers are supposed to be
unconditional. In practice we handwave a bit, but it's still generally
the case that rejected blockers for one release won't be accepted for
the next.

The exception is when we decide to change the release criteria, based
on something that happened during blocker review; in that case someone
will usually transfer the proposal.

Right now we have 8 proposed blockers for F22 (Alpha, Beta and Final)
so we'll probably start with that list at the meeting roshi is going
to schedule.

Bugzilla doesn't make it super easy to find rejected blockers for a
specific release, as you can't search for bugs which *once* blocked
another bug but don't any more (bit of a shame) - but here's an
approximate search, for open bugs filed in 2014 that have the
'RejectedBlocker' whiteboard:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=POST&bug_status=MODIFIED&bug_status=ON_DEV&bug_status=ON_QA&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=RELEASE_PENDING&chfield=[Bug%20creation]&chfieldfrom=2014-01-01&chfieldto=2014-12-
01&classification=Fedora&list_id=3125416&query_format=advanced&status_whiteboard=RejectedBlocker&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr

if someone wanted to poke through and see if any of those should be 22
blockers, that'd be great of course!