[Test-Announce] 2015-01-05 @16:00 UTC - Fedora QA Meeting

Sudhir Dharanendraiah sdharane at redhat.com
Mon Jan 5 17:17:24 UTC 2015

On 01/05/2015 10:18 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> In*theory*, if a bug's rejected as a blocker for one release it won't
> be a blocker for the next release either - remember Fedora doesn't use
> the RHEL system where bugs can be dropped as blockers for time
> reasons, in the Fedora system blockers are supposed to be
> unconditional. In practice we handwave a bit, but it's still generally
> the case that rejected blockers for one release won't be accepted for
> the next.

Ah.. understood. thanks :)

> Bugzilla doesn't make it super easy to find rejected blockers for a
> specific release, as you can't search for bugs which*once*  blocked
> another bug but don't any more (bit of a shame) - but here's an
> approximate search, for open bugs filed in 2014 that have the
> 'RejectedBlocker' whiteboard:
Yeah, dependent on whiteboard. Alternatively, we can use tracker bugs
for the various stages (Alpha/Beta/Final) of release. That can provide a
tree view of bugs (can be blocker bugs in this case) targeted  for that
specific milestone and the ones closed will strike out leaving the ones
that got dropped.

Regards,
Sudhir