rawhide report: 20150112 changes

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.com
Thu Jan 15 00:37:14 UTC 2015

On 01/14/2015 03:08 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-01-14 at 15:06 -0800, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX wrote:
>> On 01/14/2015 08:29 AM, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:

>>> I think I recall that gnome-session was the problem.  Downgrading
>>> same should help.
>> I tried installing the Lxde flavor.  It does not have a gnome-
>> session but still does not run X.  I tried switching from Nvidia to
>> Radeon but that doesn't work either.  Tried installing the Xfce
>> flavor and minimal desktop - still no X.
>>
>> Has anyone gotten rawhide to install on a clean hardware system and
>> come up in X?
>>
> Not a clean install, but it's been working fine on my desktop the
> whole time you've been saying it's not working. It's probably, as is
> most common, something particular to your graphics hardware or
> configuration?
I rather doubt the problem is with the machine, which runs
Fedora 21 without problems.  It is even running PC-BSD 10.1
which Phoronix reported ran on only one of its test systems.

Besides, the graphical rawhide installer runs normally on the system.

Once I tried installing a newer Rawhide on my Office computer with the
same results.

Before the turn of the year both systems could run the current rawhide.

rsync/pxeboot or boot.iso, rawhide has forgotten how to run X.

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com