rawhide, no mouse and no way to configure wifi via text install

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Jan 15 05:26:41 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 9:57 PM, Adam Williamson
<adamwill at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-01-14 at 20:00 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_22_Rawhide_20141222_Installation
>>

>> When I grab this boot.iso and boot it, the mouse/trackpad doesn't
>> work. There is an arrow but it doesn't move. And the touch screen
>> doesn't work either. With live media, it does work. So I'm not sure
>> what's going on but that's kinda busted and I'm not sure what
>> component to report against.
>
> Well, if that's all you have to go on usually guess evdev or synaptics
> I guess, but best look through the journal at least and see if you can
> see any clues as to what's going on?

No clues. No errors.

This works, trackpad is fine:
Fedora-Live-KDE-x86_64-rawhide-20150110.iso

But the boot.iso from here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_22_Rawhide_20150110_Installation

does not work.

Isn't net install using mesa? They both have to be using the same
trackpad driver whatever it is. So there's something not in common
between the two that's responsible for the trackpad (in part) that's
not doing things right.

>> So then I thought, OK I'll try a text install and presumably with a
>> real DE the mouse will work seeing as it's fine with F21 with the
>> same kernel used with this rawhide boot.iso. But with text installer
>> there's no way to configure wifi. And even though it says at the
>> bottom of the screen 2:shell, a control-alt-f2 does nothing, I can't
>> get to a shell. The keyboard otherwise works. If I could get to a
>> shell then I could use nmcli but now I've hit a brick wall and I'm
>> not sure if this is expected to work. If so, it's probably an
>> anaconda bug yeah?
>
> Yeah, VT switch is supposed to work in a test install. Can you check
> if it's the same in a VM?

I can't get to tty2 with control-alt-f2 in a vbox VM either.

--
Chris Murphy