fedup F21 to Rawhide fails, couldn't get boot images

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 21 23:26:06 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-01-21 at 15:03 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
> I guess this is expected, but if not...

In a sense, yes. The upgrade images are built as part of the nightly
compose, just like the nightly boot.iso - when the nightly compose
fails, there are no upgrade images in development/rawhide .

However, there is kind of a workaround. If you look at the upgrade
test cases, e.g.:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_upgrade_fedup_cli_previous_desktop

you'll find instructions that should just about always work. The
instructions are conditionalized based on the 'current' testing
compose; when it's a nightly build, they point to the upgrade.img from
that nightly tree in mash. As only composes for which the nightly
compose produced a boot.iso are nominated, they should (almost) always
also have the upgrade.img files. So if you just follow the
instructions from one of the test cases whenever you're doing pre-
release upgrade testing, they *should* always steer you right. (I'm a
bit proud of it. :>)