Does anyone reuse /boot or /var partitions ?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Jan 26 23:44:19 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Stijn Hoop <stijn at sandcat.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 09:26:34 -0800
> Adam Williamson <adamwill at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2015-01-22 at 13:36 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> So workaroundable, but still it intrudes on the usecase. I guess it's up
> to the anaconda developers whether it's a sane one :-)

I think it's sane to say we shouldn't support shared boot without an
agreed upon spec in place. But I don't think it's sane to require
reformatting a volume to achieve that lack of support. Just fsck the
filesystem and maybe warn the user that overwriting (same named files)
is going to happen and get on with it. There's nothing actually wrong
with the fs, so I think required formatting is excessive. This isn't
required on Windows or OS X btw, so long as the fs is a valid volume
format and mounts without error, it's a legitimate install target.

--
Chris Murphy