Heads up - Anaconda 22.17 will enforce 'good' passwords

Brian C. Lane bcl at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 16:53:42 UTC 2015

This Friday's build of Anaconda will no longer allow you to use weak
passwords and click done twice. In order to promote more secureish
default systems I have increased the password length required to 8
characters and removed allowing weak (as defined by libpwquality)
passwords.

I *know* this is going to be a bit of a pain to get used to. But the
increased security is worth it. Super simple passwords will no longer be
allowed, but it is still easy to come up with one that passes the
checks. pwgen has lots of suggestions.

And on the bright side, you don't have to click done twice anymore :)