Heads up - Anaconda 22.17 will enforce 'good' passwords

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jan 29 13:00:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 01:37:39PM +0100, Jos Vos wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:56:56AM +0000, Sérgio Basto wrote:
>
> > +1 , I'm against enforce 'good' passwords , it is pretty clear, double
> > click if you want have an insecure password and system .
>
> +1, enforcing will create lots of frustrations for people often creating
> internal test systems, etc.  A very, very bad idea...

OK, I think there's been a great many emails saying this is a bad idea and
none that I've seen, at least, saying it's a good one.  Is there a bug filed, or a place to
voice opinion?  I think this should also be mentioned on Fedora forums so that
the people who actually USE the thing should have a voice

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6