Possibly problem with 4.2.0 kernel

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 20 03:15:59 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-07-19 at 10:41 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A recent update to the 4.2.0 kernel and directly associated bits has
> caused a problem with the video on my Lenovo T500. The X201 and X1
> are
> fine, but the T500 is unusable. It looks like a video writing/refresh
> bug of some weird sort. Bizarrely an earlier 4.2.0 worked fine, but I
> cannot go back to that as I only keep the last RC. I have 4.1.0 of
> course and that seems to work fine still.
>
> This email is really to ask:
>
> – which is the right place for this bug report? I am guessing the
> Fedora bugzilla as the default.
>
> – what data should I provide in the bug report to make it credible
> and
> taken seriously? (Even though it must be a relatively obscure bug
> given
> it only affects the T500.)

The kernel component in Bugzilla is indeed the right place (though you
may also consider filing it upstream at bugzilla.kernel.org). As for
data to include, everything from this post (and the followup) is a good
start, plus the stuff mentioned here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Xorg_problems

Quite a lot of devs use Thinkpads, so it's usually not too unlikely
that it'll get fixed. :) Thanks!