how do i enable the updates-testing repo?

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sun Jul 26 13:21:30 UTC 2015

On Dom, 2015-07-26 at 06:04 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jul 2015, Rares Aioanei wrote:
>
> > Did you run 'dnf update' after enabling the repo? What does 'dnf
> > repolist' say?
>
>   i've run "sudo dnf update" a number of times, tells me "Nothing to
> do". and:
>
> $ dnf repolist
> langpacks: No languages are enabled
> Last metadata expiration check performed 2 days, 13:48:11 ago on Thu Jul 23 16:13:59 2015.
> repo id                                       repo name                                                    status
> adobe-linux-x86_64                            Adobe Systems Incorporated                                        2
> *fedora                                       Fedora 22 - x86_64                                           44,762
> *updates                                      Fedora 22 - x86_64 - Updates                                  7,590
> *updates-testing                              Fedora 22 - x86_64 - Test Updates                             2,265
>
> so it *seems* like updates-testing is enabled. i'm puzzled.

Hi, hopefully dnf have good documentation :

googling for : dnf enable

http://dnf-plugins-core.readthedocs.org/en/latest/config_manager.html

so you :
  dnf config-manager --set-enable updates-testing

and disable with :
  dnf config-manager --set-disable updates-testing

You also have the choice of enable or disable repos in dnf command line
with:

  dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing

and you don't need clean metadata anymore, if you want be sure that is
used latest metadata use --refresh:

  dnf update --refresh

Best regards,
--