[Test-Announce] Call for Fedora 23 Test Days

Mike Ruckman roshi at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 30 21:25:57 UTC 2015

F23 is about to branch [0] and it's time we started thinking about what
we'd want to have a test day for. There are several changes accepted
already for F23, and more that have yet to be decided [1]. You can find
the list here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/23/ChangeSet

Please take some time and look through the list and see if there's
anything you'd be interested in testing - or if there's something you
think should get some testing that isn't in the ChangeSet!

For those of you not familiar with test days, a test day is an
online event aimed at testing a specific feature of an upcoming Fedora
Release. By utilizing IRC for organization/coordination and a Wiki
page for instructions and results, test days are easy to organize.
Anyone can request to host a test day or request that the QA team help
you out with the organization of the test day. A test day can be ran
for any feature or area of a distribution that focused testing would be
useful for. More information on test days can be found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days .

To propose a test day, file a ticket on the QA Trac. A full
explanation can be found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/Create . The SOP for
hosting a test day is here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/SOP_Test_Day_management .

Traditionally test days have been held on Thursdays, but if you'd prefer
to have it on another day that's fine too. We're pretty flexible, but
having plenty of lead time helps to get the word out. Just put in your
ticket the date or time-frame you'd like, and we'll figure it out from
there.

If you have any questions about test days or the process, please don't
hesitate to contact me or any other QA Team member in #fedora-qa on
Freenode or respond on the test list.

Thanks and happy testing!

[0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/23/Schedule
[1] https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1445