Password security

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Mon Mar 2 22:16:56 UTC 2015

Hey all,

Obviously when installing F22 now, you have that new password security
level to make you jump through hoops to set a password during install.
I understand the reasoning for "secure" passwords, but there is one
catch.

*I* am the admin at my house hold, and *I* am the admin at my company
(scenario speaking), and *I* set how secure I want passwords set at
those locations, not *you*.  I will determine how tough I want my
systems, I don't need any hand holding, nor help.

And in reality, we don't have a lot of kids, grandmas, grandpas,
careless operators, typical window users using these systems as normal
everyday workstations like window users, so they aren't going to
experience the same issues.

Linux is not like windows, it doesn't have the same type system, so the
same type things won't hurt it.  Most stuff that will get hurt, stolen
from, hacked, whatever is online stuff such as banks, credit cards
stuff, etc..

In other words, give us the tools to help get people in the right
direction, but don't try to turn the wrench as well.  That's up to use
to get it how tight we want.  Whether it falls apart or not, is on us.

Besides that, I changed that crap back to what I wanted in the first
place after the install.  So your security was breached off the bat.
Please get rid of it and set it back to like before.

Thanks and have a good day,

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY